Saturday, August 8, 2009

Summer Stock Sunday - 11












Last week I brought you along to a bridal shower for my step-niece, Tasha. Let's see how the wedding turned out.
















I didn't get many shots inside the church. My camera couldn't compensate for the low lighting levels, so I'll just be patient and wait for copies of the professional shots. But let's carry on to the reception.




















We sat together with Tasha's grandmother, Doris, who is my step-mom. This is Tasha's other grandmother Jane, with Doris, and my mom.














My sister Michelle and her boyfriend, Newt.














My husband Brad and me.














The groom's mom poses for a picture with the happy couple's daughter, Ava. The four-year-old photographer is the flower girl, Ava's cousin.














My sister and I went over to admire Tasha's beautiful gown.














I said, "What's this?", wondering about the piece of jewelry she'd worn at the top of her bodice just over her heart.

"It's your dad's tie clip," she said.



























Join other Summer Stock Sunday bloggers at Around the Island with Robin.

Dina...UK says Awwwwwwwwww, I love traditional weddings.

Ailurophile says Beautiful images, all of them. All the best to the bride and groom :)

Anne MacFarlane says I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwww, I love traditional weddings.... thanks for shareing.

Ailurophile said...

Beautiful images, all of them. Thanks for sharing from me too. All the best to the bride and groom :)

Bim said...

Lovely wedding - hope they went off to a fabulous honey moon.

Unknown said...

Beautiful wedding and a beautiful couple. I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Dina - I'm a huge fan of weddings. I'm always swept away by them.

Ailurophile - I'll pass your wishes along.

Bim - I think they're only having a weekend to themselves for the moment. Bigger trip is in the future for them.

Anne - Matt and Tasha are two of the most genuine, caring people you could ever meet. I'll pass on your wishes to them.

MsSnarkyPants said...

Those were lovely!

poefusion said...

What a wonderful couple they make and the reception looks like it went really well. Looking forward to their wedding pics.

I also wanted to say I loved your thirteen favorite animals post below and those flowers in the vase. Hope all is well.

Travis Cody said...

They make a very handsome couple. Congratulations!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

A beautiful couple. I wish them lifelong love and happiness, through all the ups and downs of life.

Anonymous said...

Such a beauty! The jewel story brought tears in my eyes. I have no cake in the house - and now I really crave one! I'll try some ice cream! Cheers! To the happy new young family!

Robin said...

What a beautiful couple, and I love the picture of you and Brad too.

amanda said...

Love to see summer time weddings. And the reds of the pedals and the vests just made it so romantic looking!

Jientje said...

Beautiful pictures!! Good luck to the happu couple!