Monday, August 10, 2009

Through the Opera Glasses - 26 - I'd Like to Be Trapped In Spooks For a Month













Fleur de Lisa has a prompt blog called Manic Monday. Her prompt from last week is still up, and I thought I'd use one of her two questions:

If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which show would you choose?

Hmm...

Let me think.

Spooks. Definitely Spooks.

MI-5 for those of us in North America.

First of all, I can never get enough of the opening credits.




It's so subtle.





You have to watch closely.





The good guys are dark and the bad guys are gray.





And for three seasons, it featured one of my favorite characters ever:

Adam Carter, played by Rupert Penry-Jones.





And let's not forget one of my favorite female characters ever:

Ros Myers, played by Hermione Norris.




Akelamalu says Spooks is a fantastic series, I'm hoping they make some more. :)

Thomma Lyn Grindstaff says You definitely have me intrigued! :)

4 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Spooks is a fantastic series, I'm hoping they make some more. :)

Thomma Lyn said...

I haven't seen Spooks, but you definitely have me intrigued! :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Akelamalu - BBC has released confirmation that Spooks will return for an eighth season this fall. *happy dance*

Thomma Lyn - It's quite a long-running series. The main officer in charge of Section D (the unit we follow) has changed three times in seven seasons, starting with Matthew Macfayden for seasons 1 & 2. Rupert Penry-Jones took over for seasons 3 - 7. Hermione Norris got promoted to section chief for season 7, and the delectable Richard Armitage joined the cast for the latest season, as well.

It's definitely worth it to start at the very beginning, if you can rent the boxed set of each season.

Travis Cody said...

That's a good one! I pick Dancing with the Stars. And if I'm trapped for a month, then I can't be eliminated!