Saturday, September 15, 2007

A Day at the Paulette Gallery

Had a great deal of fun finalizing the art work for my Thursday Thirteen coming up on the 20th. We made a list and started adding works to it, and as I suspected, started taking some off to fit others on.

It was a rainy, windy day, so it was perfect way to spend a Saturday, considering Mom and I both feel wiped out. She's been dealing with an eruption of neuralgia pain in her face, and I had the usual - a week of migraine pain. It's doing better now, but after a hard week I always feel an extreme amount of fatigue.

So Mom and I kept going back and forth, gazing at her work, discussing it, jotting one down on the list, heading over to another piece, discussing that. We had coffee, had a very intriguing talk about the naming of pieces, and roped my husband into adding his impression of one of her paintings.

After I drove Brad to work through the blustery downpour, I rejoined Mom to finish my coffee and finalize the order of the paintings. Gram waved me over and asked if I could turn the TV volume up higher since we were 'way back there' in Mom's studio. I had to break the bad news that it was already as high as we could stand it, even 'way back there.'

Tomorrow we're planning to take pictures of the artwork so I'll have them ready to load onto my Thursday Thirteen. We have to drive over to my cousin's to include one of Mom's pieces that my cousin and her husband purchased, when Mom had an art show in Yarmouth, Nova Scotia.

Of course, now Mom's all fired up and ready to get to work on more stuff. Go, Mom, go!

12 comments:

Dr. Bill Emener said...

Having a wonderful relationship with your Mom is neat... I'm happy for and with you. Not only that, you can be proud of her... and not just because she's your Mom!
Yeah I hear ya -- "Go Mom!"
Bill

Julia Phillips Smith said...

LOL Dr. Bill! What a post to bump into after my comment. 'Go, Mom, go!' LOL! It's a sickness. I can't help myself.

Miss Frou Frou said...

Can't wait to see the final 13 - have missed doing the 13- I wish I was disciplined as you to organise it earlier in the week.

I should get my Mum to do 13 of her creative work .. quilts and such...

Julia Phillips Smith said...

That's a great idea, Miss Frou Frou - my sister would drool over them (a fellow quilter.)

Flowerpot said...

good for your Mum - and good for you too!

Dewey said...

Looking forward to seeing these on Thursday!

Unknown said...

How exciting! :)

Camille Alexa said...

Can't wait to see pictures.

Julie S said...

Ooh I can't wait to see the artwork you chose!

And I'm tagging you with the letter T. Have fun! :-)

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the pictures of your Mom's work.

Hope you are both feeling better this week.

Robin said...

Sounds very intriguing, and how much the better that it's your own mom's work. I can't wait to see what you've chosen.

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm really looking forward to seeing them!