Friday, February 22, 2008

Six Unimportant Things About Meme

The rules are:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.

That would be Ann at Fractured Fiction.

2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your blog entry.
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs.

It's very hard for me to imagine that there could be anything unimportant concerning myself. I'll have to think of this as six things about me, or I'll be stumped.

1 - I may need bifocals. What do they call them now? Progressive lenses. I always love it when terms get repackaged so they don't sound depressing.

2 - I'm hoping to add a hydrangea shrub to the yard this year.

3 - When my sister and I were kids we shared a room, and my mom painted it to look like a garden, with a fence, a few flowers and an 'ABC' scattered over the wall. This was in the mid-70's when girls' rooms were rather basic. Certainly hand-painted wall murals or floating text was not usual then. Our mom has always been out-there.

4 - As a girl, I was allergic to anything with fur or feathers, so there were no pets for me. But after two series of allergy shots, and time passing, and allergies changing, I'm good with dogs. Not cats, unfortunately. So I've had two dogs in my life: Nikki, a husky/Samoyed mix during high school and my 20's, and my current dog Xena, a beagle/NS duck toller mix.

5 - If the no-smoking-in-bars-and-clubs thing had been in force when I was in my 20's, I would have danced the night away every weekend.

6 - I don't like to wear wristwatches. My dad was obsessed with watches. He looked at his own about 100 times a day, and often bought me watches. Then he'd ask me, "Where's that watch I got you?" And I'd pull it out of my pocket where I kept it instead of on my wrist. The last watch he bought me was a nurse's watch, a sort-of pocket watch that pins onto a uniform. He tracked me down at work and gave it to me. Because apparently I couldn't make it through another moment without my new watch! But I do love it. When I saw it, I felt so happy that he'd finally figured out that a pocket watch was what I really wanted.

And now, the tagging:

Akelamalu
Dara
M.
Miss Sniz
Samantha Lucas
Toni

15 comments:

Sandee said...

I don't like watches either. I'm highly allergic to cats and I love them so. Don't tell my dog though, she doesn't liek cats one bit. Have a great day and weekend. :)

Shelley Munro said...

We've been non-smoking in NZ for about three years now I think. I wish it had been non-smoking over in England when we worked in pubs. At the end of the night our clothes and hair reeked of smoke. There are lots of smokers over there! I think I would have joined you in the dancing ;)

Dara Edmondson said...

I'm on the verge of needing bifocals, too. I'm with you on the wristwatch thing. I only wear one when I must. Drives DH nuts!

Ann said...

I'm not sure bifocals would work for me. I do have a pair of reading glasses but they're only for when I'm wearing my contacts (w/out the contacts they don't do a thing for me). Have a great weekend. :)

Big Doofus (Roger) said...

I was thinking of adding a hydrangea shrub to someone else's yard this year. Wouldn't that be fun to do to a neighbor? Do it in the dark of the night and make sure it looks really good.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

LOL, Big Doofus!!

Amy Ruttan said...

OMG I hate wearing wrist watches. It was the same with me. I'd stick my in my pants pocket and pull it out. ROFL!!

Akelamalu said...

Mmmm I'll have a go but God alone knows what I'll come up with. :(

Unknown said...

6 unimportant things about me? Sounds fun and easy. I can think of many more unimportant things about myself!

Annette Gallant said...

These are great! And as always, I learn things about you I didn't know before.

And I didn't know that bifocals and progressive lenses were the same thing. Good info to have for when the eye doctor tells me I'll need them.

Anonymous said...

Pocket watches are great (and so are beagles).

Thanks for the Happy Birthday!

Addicted to crafting said...

We've been non-smoking here since may 2006. That's good!

I remember when I was a teen going to bars, we reeked of smoke. yuck!!!!

Have a great week. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love hydrangea! So beautiful. :)

And I don't wear wrist watches, either -- we've got clocks all over the house, and there's one on my computer.

My hubby, on the other hand, always wears his watch. Which is a good thing. 'Cause when we're out, I can ask him the time! ;-D

Karina said...

I'm glad you said these weren't "unimportant" things...seems like sort of a depressing meme to do otherwise, right? ;-) You know, I wear a wrist watch all the time, and feel naked without one, but I NEVER use it to tell time. I either use the computer clock, the many clocks on the many appliances that now have clocks throughout the house, or I use my cell phone. And yet...I must ALWAYS wear my watch. Strange. ;-)

Gorden said...

Thanks so much for your article, quite helpful material.
site | here | site