Friday, May 9, 2008

Tagged - I'm It! - 21

So, first, the rules:

a. Link to the person who tagged you. That's Christine d'Abo over at ...fantasies unleashed.
b. Post the rules on your blog. Et voila - the rules.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
e. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment at their blog.
f. Let your tagger know when your entry is up.


1 - I'm trapped in Sherwood Forest - please don't rescue me!


My very favorite thing - a love triangle, between Sir Guy of Gisborne, Marion and Robin Hood.












Robin of Locksley played by Jonas Armstrong







Gisborne played by Richard Armitage







2 - I've been waiting 35 years for Prince Caspian to be released.

I'm nearly out of my mind! When it comes to waiting for movies to come out that I'm dying to see, I'm worse than a kid waiting for Christmas Eve.




This looks awesome.










Prince Caspian played by Ben Barnes


















3 - I love swords. But not just any swords. I love medieval two-handed longswords wielded by hulking warriors.






Shown above is a replica William Wallace claymore sword.



This is a replica Viking sword.








4 - I love sword fights. Yeah, baby.




Gerard Butler as Beowulf in Beowulf and Grendel








Ciaran Hinds as Brian de Bois-Guilbert fights Steven Waddington as Ivanhoe in the 1997 miniseries Ivanhoe. This fight rocks.







Liam Neeson as Rob Roy fights Tim Roth as Archibald Cunningham in Rob Roy
This sword fight is one of the best - if not the best.


5 - I love my large husband.







6 - I adore romantic paintings with knights and beautiful medieval maidens.




Like La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Frank Dicksee






And Chivalry, also by Frank Dicksee

















And God Speed by Edmund Blair Leighton














And now - a-tagging I will go, a-tagging I will go...

Heather
Karina
Marcia
No Nonsense Girl
The Teach
Toni

12 comments:

Akelamalu said...

That was an enjoyable read Julia!

maryt/theteach said...

Julia, I did something similar recently but I'm sure I can think of 6 different and random things about me - I'll let you know when I get the meme done! :D

marcia@joyismygoal said...

That was fun I will try it on Monday thanks for the tag and visit

Robin said...

I CANNOT WAIT to see Prince Caspian together with my son. I still love (and reread) the battered paperback set of the Narnia Chronicles that I received from a great-aunt for my 9th birthday, with the wish that I would love them as she had. Not only did I, but now my own son does too.

Jill said...

I've think about you and your dear Gerald Buttler, I've watch PS i love you this weekend!
But I didn't knew it was him that did the film you've mention!

HeatherK said...

Random things about meme posted. Thank You for tagging me Julia. I only tagged three people, left the other three open for others. See you tomorrow.Oh, it is tomorrow. See you later today!

Wylie Kinson said...

Both Prince Caspian AND Law of Averages come out on May 16th!! I'm giddy :)

maryt/theteach said...

BTW Thank you for participating in my "What if" meme. I've posted the results for everyone to see! Come visit! :D

maryt/theteach said...

OKay Julia, I did the meme! Come see! Thanks for asking me. I appreciated it!

Addicted to crafting said...

I did it!!! :D

Karina said...

I love those paintings and can see why they are some of your favorites.

I did mine today...thanks for the tag!

Mervin said...

Oh my god, there's a lot of effective material in this post!
herbal supplements for depression | testerone supplements for men | denver limo services