Friday, September 26, 2008

A to F Meme

Akelamalu tagged me for this meme.

Here are the instructions:

Copy/paste the questions.
Type in your answers.
Tag four people in your lists.



(A) Four places I go over and over:


- Mama Gratti's for coffee between stumbling off the bus and toddling into work














- Park Lane cinemas for films and ballet in HD






- Keshen Goodman Public Library for my monthly writers' meeting







- When I'm in Toronto, the World's Biggest Bookstore











(B) Four people who e-mail me regularly:


- my cousin Julianne
















- my best friend Connie














- my missmakeamovie blog mistress, Joanna D'Angelo







- my Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada chapter mates











(C) Four of my favourite places to eat:


- family dinners, whether it's our once-a-month gathering here in Nova Scotia or a Toronto family gathering whenever Brad and I can get back there - family dinners are my favorite thing of all.

For our regular Nova Scotia family dinners, we revolve them between Mom's place, Auntie Noel's, my cousin Julianne's and at my sister's boyfriend's place.


- my weekly lunch with my best friend, Connie. We've been BFF since grade 3. We walked to and from school together from elementary through to high school, and she was at my house or I was at her house after school every day. Moving away from her when I lived in Toronto was a torment. Once I returned to Halifax, we've made sure to meet up on our lunch break once a week, since we work a mere 5 minutes' walk from one another. All is right with the world when we have that hour together.

We have our regular spots: when I was at Land Registration, we met at Cabin Coffee. Now that I'm with Pensions, we meet at the Montreal Grill or Perks. A fixture - no matter where I worked - has been The Great Wall Restaurant, a fabulous Sze-Chuan and Cantonese place. Mmm mm.


- trying new restaurants with my husband. He's definitely someone who likes to try new things. And the whole walking into a restaurant experience, feeling the ambiance, reading through the menu, tasting the food, chatting, the whole thing - it's right up there among my favorite things to do.




- sitting at my mom's kitchen table on the weekends for coffee, breakfast, reading the paper and chatting. That's our time.




(D) Four places you'd rather be:


- in Narnia







- wandering through a Christmas-all-year-round store
















- in a spa having a massage













- gathering with friends I haven't seen in awhile for excellent food and lively conversation

This is an oldie but a goodie - a New Year's celebration from 20 years ago. These are my high school choir friends getting together after beginning our scattering across North America. Clockwise L to R: Sean, Shelley, Mark and me.





(E) Four TV shows I could watch over and over:

- besides BBC's Robin Hood, you mean?


The A&E miniseries Horatio Hornblower is a huge favorite of mine. I do watch this over and over.










- the British series following Richard Sharpe and his experiences with the 95th Rifles during the Peninsular War.





- the British 60's series The Prisoner. It follows the attempted resignation of a spy and his kidnapping to the Village, where the population is made up of other former spies only referred to by a number.







- a Scottish series from the 90's called Hamish MacBeth with Robert Carlyle. It follows the curious goings-on of a West Highland village and the lone constable who maintains some semblance of order.









(F) Four people I think will respond:

- Ann

- Anne

- Leah

- Red

5 comments:

Akelamalu said...

Thanks for playing along Julia. :)

I love your answers. I used to love the series 'The Prisoner'. We had a long weekend in Wales a couple of years ago and went to visit Port Merrion where the series was filmed. I took lots of photos and wrote a post about it.

Ann said...

That's a pretty cool meme, so I'll definitely come back and do it. Probably not until I get George though. :)

HeatherK said...

oh, i do miss the world's biggest bookstore. Great meme.

Leah Braemel said...

Yup, I will respond to this ... let me work on it - I'll probably schedule it to post around Sunday.

Brendan said...

I saw so much worthwhile material here!
site | here | site