Monday, January 30, 2012

2012 Movie Madness Challenge - January Report


Welcome to my first status report for the Movie Madness Challenge.

First of all - just wanted to say I am having a BALL doing this challenge. The only thing that takes the bloom from this rose: when I heard about it, my first thought was how much my dog Xena would approve of my participation, since it would give us a lot of snuggle time on the couch.

But life had different plans for us, and Xena passed away on Jan. 6th, before I had been able to watch even one film for this challenge. At first I couldn't even sit in my regular spot on the couch without her curled up with me.

Over the past 11 years, we have watched a lot of films together. So I dedicate this entire Movie Madness Challenge to her.












Here is my code for the films:

New to me - N
Repeat viewing - R

I'll also be including how I viewed the films:

DVD
VHS (yes, we have a lot of those, and a VCR)
Pay TV
In theatre



Ever After

R

Pay TV



















Green Lantern

R

DVD











Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson

R

VHS
















The Crimson Petal and The White

N

Pay TV







Ladyhawke

R

DVD











Let Me In

N

DVD









Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl

R

DVD


Ultimately, I'm shooting for Movie Master bragging rights:

25 Movies: Movie Newbie

50 Movies: Movie Fanatic

75 Movies: Movie Critic

100+ Movies: Movie Master

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Total movies for January - 7

Total movies for 2012 - 7

5 comments:

Travis Cody said...

That's quite a nice beginning, particularly since you're having to adjust to not having your move-watching girl with you.

Hang in there. I can report that you'll always miss her, but pretty soon the memories will make you laugh more than they make you sad.

Alex (A Girl, Books, OtherThings) said...

That's an awesome beginning! You saw a ton of movies I love like Ever After - I'm a complete sucker for that movie!

and I so wanted to watch Let Me In? did you like it?

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Travis - I'm hanging in. My family had a husky-samoyed mix when I was in high school and through my 20s named Nikki, so I've already lost one dog before Xena. The sense of loss is incredibly paralyzing. But I know it will ease off in time. Thanks for understanding.

Alex - Thanks for stopping by. I loved Let Me In. The female lead, Chloe Grace Moretz, rocks. Absolutely loved her in Kick-Ass.

Linda said...

Oh ... Ladyhawke ... one of my very favorite movies of all time! I don't care how schmaltzy it is to some I just love it all the way around! Such a great love story and I thought that Matthew Broderick was simply brilliant in it, I liked him in this one so much better than in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

Jill said...

I sorry to hear that!I know she meant a lot to you!
I think the numbers of movie I watch and the one I own I could do great with the challenge, even if I dont have a clue of what it is!