Friday, August 1, 2014

5 on Friday -- Set 234



Spinning Friday tunes since 2010...

For anyone who wants to join in, simply choose five pieces of music and post them for other bloggers to enjoy. Then check out the set posted by the other 5 on Friday blogger -- you can sign in over at Golch Central's Rambling Stuff.

Now that August has arrived, it's time for my monthly feature for 5 on Friday -- The Hit Makers.

Once a month I'm going to feature the songs that launched careers. I'll be looking at different musical styles and the groups or singers from those styles who I love the best.

Here are five of my favorite progressive rock bands and the songs that brought them to the masses.


1 - Roundabout -- Yes -- 1971







2 - Dancing With the Moonlit Knight -- Genesis -- 1973






3 - I'm Not in Love -- 10cc -- 1975







4 - The Spirit of Radio -- Rush -- 1980







5 - Plug In Baby -- Muse -- 2001






1 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Great set,I have not heard Roustabout in ages.