Friday, January 2, 2015

5 on Friday -- Set 254




Spinning Friday tunes since 2010...

For anyone who wants to join in, simply choose five pieces of music and post them for other bloggers to enjoy. Then check out the set posted by the other 5 on Friday blogger -- you can sign in over at Golch Central's Rambling Stuff.

January dawns and I'm launching a brand new feature this year, now that I've wrapped up 2014's The Hit Makers.

This year I'll be taking a once-a-month look at specific instruments and showcasing five songs or tunes which place that instrument front and center.

My new feature is called Spotlight On...

...and for our first instrument, I'm looking at that most primal of instruments: the hand. Here are five songs which shine a spotlight on handclapping


1 - The First Circle - Pat Metheny Group - 1984









2 - Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel - 1970







3 - Eight Days a Week - The Beatle - 1964








4 - Stuck in the Middle With You - Stealers Wheel - 1972








5 - Car Wash - Rose Royce - 1976




1 comments:

Mike Golch said...

cool set,I was late in posting this weeks 5 on friday posting.