Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday Thirteen - 264 - 13 Bits of Randomosity

1 – This was my reaction to a whole bunch of sale prices in the dairy aisle last night:


"Why is there so much of this stuff on sale? Is there something wrong with the refrigeration unit?"

I totally passed on the yogurt, even though I wanted some. 

2 – The bus that rolled up to take me to work this morning had my birthday numbers on the front. I took that as a sign it would be a great day...and it was.

3 – Not that I'm recovered from Lady Sybil's sob-fest-inducing departure from Downton Abbey. *sniff* 


4 – Very busy this week highlighting all of our authors on our Romance Writers of Atlantic Canada Facebook page. Drop by and Like us!

Once you sign into Facebook, it takes you right to our page. Meet our members and get all the latest on what we're up to.


5 – My husband just asked me, "How many of your thirteen have you done?" and laughed when I said, "Four."

6 – That's because I've been sitting at the computer 'working' while also watching a rerun of Supernatural season 1 - Nightmare - immediately followed by the newest season 8 episode - As Time Goes By.

See: My Obsessions 

7 – Just made the mistake of glancing over at the TV again. James McAvoy on The Graham Norton Show. 

NO

Keep writing.

8 –  Feel good about today, however, as revisions on Book 2 of my Scorpius series is shaping up nicely.

9 – Hope this gets posted tonight. The wind is howling out there...the TV flickered a few times during Supernatural, but we made it to the end of the episode. Phew. *typing fast typing fast* 


10 -  Thinking a lot about the upcoming production of Romeo and Juliet at The National Ballet of Canada. Wishing I was going to be in Toronto this March to see it.




11 – If anyone watches dancer Guillaume Cote in the above clip wondering at the end how opening night will work out in the end, here's what critics thought of the new production that premiered in 2011:

Ratmansky's Romeo and Juliet - DANCE magazine
Argh! I'm just making it worse for myself...
12 – I also find myself dreaming about attending the rather new society event for Halifax, the Halifax Dance Viennese Opera Ball.


Maybe next year, I'll be there draped in my finery, watching the young women from Halifax Dance and actual soldiers from the Princess Louise infantry unit swirling in waltz time to Symphony Nova Scotia...sigh... 



13  Okay. It's 1:00 am. Have to get some sleep. Still have one more day at the day job before a three-day weekend. 

6 comments:

Kimberly Menozzi said...

Some Thursdays, I have the same problem. LOL! I get distracted by every little thing and it takes me half the morning to compose my Thirteen.

Happy TT to you!

Anonymous said...

My Beloved Sandra was also bummed out about Sybil. I told her I'd read that the producers plan to resurrect her in the form of a previously unmentioned twin sister joining the cast next season. She was overjoyed until I told her I was just yanking her chain. Then she threw a book at me.

Heather said...

I've only seen sporadic episodes of As Time Goes By (heaven forbid they show the entire series from start to finish!), but have enjoyed what I've seen. My cold and Snowy T13

I am Harriet said...

I agree on the sobfest thing.

http://harrietandfriends.com/2013/01/13-groundhog-day-facts-background-and-folklore/

Jennifer Leeland said...

LMAO!!! You crack me up, Julia. I love this TT.
Ahhhhh Romeo and Juliet. *happy sigh*

Travis Cody said...

Man...we have got to get to the ballet this coming season. We passed yet another holiday season without seeing The Nutcracker. I don't know where the time goes. We blink, and the opportunity has passed us by.