Friday, February 8, 2013

5 on Friday - Set 157

Travis at Trav's Thoughts invites everyone to lay down a short set of music that takes their fancies for his 5 on Friday meme.

That's my anniversary rose bush which is currently dormant beneath the snow at the edge of the woodland garden. Brad gave it to me instead of a bouquet of roses for one of our anniversaries, knowing how much joy it would give me. Can't wait to see the first buds in a few months!

As Valentine's Day approaches, this is for all of you lovers out there - especially you, Brad.

1 - Vechnaya Lyubov (Eternal Love) - Anton Makarsky

This is a favorite from one of my Russian playlists on You Tube. The clips are from Admiral, a favorite film about the Russian Revolution. The song is a Russian version of Une vie d'amour by Charles Aznavour, sung here in Russian by Anton Markovsky, whom I discovered as an actor in the Russian historical series Bednaya Nastya which I feel in love with last spring.

2 -The Wonder of You - Elvis Presley

3 - Love Cats The Cure

4 -All Through the Night - Cyndi Lauper

5 - Pretty World Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66

I have to end this set with Brad's and my song. It's just how we roll.


Janet White said...

Anyone these days who knows Charles Aznavour is permanently on my friends list. :-) Great choices.

Mike Golch said...

cool set.thans for playing along.

Travis Cody said...

Now that's a nice eclectic mix.