Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Nearly Wordless Wednesday - 193


Day 5 of the A to Z Challenge brings us to my photography feature, hosted by Wordless Wednesday.

Normally, Wordless Wednesday is exactly that - a posting of an image that speaks for itself. But sometimes a few words are required.


Like today - because today, E is for Endearing Exploitation flick by hometown boy, Jason Eisner














Jason Eisner grew up in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia on Canada's east coast, as I did.

While I have never had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Eisner, I was thrilled to hear of his initial filmmaking competition win a few years back, which placed his fake trailer for a movie that didn't exist into Grindhouse, by Robert Roderiguez and Quentin Tarantino.

Eisner's fake trailer proved to be so popular with audiences, he was able to secure financing for a full length feature version of Hobo With a Shotgun.

Last night my husband and I joined a lively crowd for the 7:00 screening of the film at Park Lane in Halifax. The audience clapped when the title appeared onscreen. I love it when film audiences clap.

Since we eat up these kinds of movies, both of us really enjoyed this debut feature. Rutger Hauer's performance as the Hobo is the endearing part of the exploitation flick. He plays his role as if he's in a legitimate drama, which anchors the entire film.

7 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

How much fun is that?? A good friend of mine is a huge Grindhouse fan. I'll have to pass this along to her.


M.J. Fifield
My Pet Blog

Candice said...

It's always fun when the audience gets into it. Happy WW!!

Monica said...

Sounds like it was great fun!! I'm a fellow Maritimer, from New Brunswick and I'm now a GFC follower of your really great blog. Hope you can drop by mine and have a visit!

Monica

http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Uma Anandane said...

Interesting!btw,your blog design is nice :)

Travis Cody said...

I'll bet they had a ball making the film.

Unknown said...

This film totally rocks! I love a great exploitation film and Grindhouse was the ultimate tribute. Rutger Hauer looks so badass. Too cool!

MM the Queen of English said...

Your blog is delightful! Lots of fun stuff.

MM the Queen of English
queenofenglish.wordpress.com