Monday, April 25, 2011

Through the Opera Glasses - 78 - 10 of My Favorite Vampires


Day 22 of the A to Z Challenge brings us to a type of character for which I have a definite weakness.



V is for Vampire












I'm currently preparing to shoot the book trailer for my vampire book, which is now ready to start final revisions before I head to the writers' conference this summer.

If I'm writing about vampires, I must have some favorite vampires from films and television that inspire me - don't I?

Of course I do! Here are my top ten:


1 - Blade from the film series of the same name













2 - Viktor from the Underworld film series












3 - Professor Dracula from the 70's TV series Cliffhangers







4 - Louis from Interview With the Vampire












5 - Count Dracula from Bram Stoker's Dracula








6 - Count Dracula from Dracula 2000












7 - Dean Winchester for one episode of Supernatural







8 - Bill Compton from True Blood






9 - Eric Northman from True Blood







10 - Godric from True Blood

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Whoa, you do have some mighty sexy vampires up in here. And some of my faves to be sure. They are such sexy creatures and I love, love to read about them. Some of my other favorite vampires include Angel, Spike, Mitchell and Aiden from the two Being Human series and Henry from Blood Ties.

M.J. Fifield said...

Oh! Vampires is such a great V subject. I agree with Dean Winchester and Eric from True Blood. But my all time favorites have to be Angel and Spike.

Although I do also kind of have a crush on Damon Salvatore from The vampire Diaries.

Charlotte Mooney said...

Blimey Julia, you do like a hunk, don't you?
And who can blame you, there's something deliciously sexy about the best vampires.

I agree with you about Gary Oldman, who is my personal favourite. How about an honourable mention for Louis Jourdan? He played the Count in a 1977 miniseries on the BBC.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Charlotte - that 1977 version is my FAVORITE Dracula adaptation - but Louis Jordan is not my favorite Dracula. Frank Finlay, however, was my favorite Van Helsing.

J.L. Campbell said...

I know they're all the rage, but I was too scared by vampires movies as a child to like them as an adult. Their image has changed over the years though. They're a lot more glamourous than they were in the days of Dark Shadows.

Akelamalu said...

The three True Blood vampires are my favourites - especially Eric (swoon)he could bite my neck anytime! LOL

Susan Kane said...

Gerard Butler on Dracula 2000 was incredible. Also Antonio Banderas in Interview with a Vampire, sigh. Good photos.

Travis Cody said...

Oddly enough, I have a couple of favorite vampires...but they are both in print.

First favorite is Anne Rice's Lestat, who is much better in print than either the Cruise creature or Stewart Townsend brought to life on film. Although if I had to choose, I prefer Townsend's version. Still, Lestat is best experienced in one's imagination from the rich characterization Ms Rice gives him.

My second favorite is Jack Fleming as written by PN Elrod in the Vampire Files series.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Awesome! I love how your site looks and will spending some time reading over all your posts. Plus you had me at the cool Victorian vibe you have going here.

Just getting caught up with my A to Z reading.

I also did vampires, http://timbrannan.blogspot.com/2011/04/v-is-for-vampire.html