Monday, October 19, 2009

Through the Opera Glasses - 33 - Law Abiding Citizen













Just went to see Law Abiding Citizen tonight with my cousin and fellow Gerard Butler admirer Julianne MacLean.













Bruce McGill, Leslie Bibb and Jamie Foxx play a team of lawyers who prosecute the murderer of Clyde Shelton's wife and daughter.











Clyde (Gerard Butler) is distraught when he learns the case will not go to trial - and that a deal has been struck, letting one of the attackers off with only a few years in prison.












He does not go quietly into a grieving future. A decade later, Clyde returns to address the the injustices he has suffered.













He holds Nick (Jamie Foxx) personally responsible, but the entire justice system will feel Clyde's wrath as his devious revenge gets underway.













Detective Dunnigan (Colm Meaney) and Nick attempt to stop Clyde from continuing with his hit list, but Clyde has been planning this for quite some time. Not even the prison walls can contain his calculated fury.












As I mentioned in a previous post over at Popculturedivas, when it comes to Gerry, I'm completely incapable of remaining objective when it comes to reviewing his work. If he's in it, I'm there, baby.

Especially if he's in chains, on his knees and on the edge of sanity.

Of course, Gerry wielding brutal force, intimidating opponents and gazing out with his Scorpio intensity is never discouraged.

More objectively, IMDB users give Law Abiding Citizen a 7.6/10 rating.



Michelle Johnson says I know what you mean by watching whatever Gerard is in as he's a really good actor and it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes.

Annette Gallant says I didn't know you liked Gerard Butler! (LOL kidding!)

4 comments:

poefusion said...

I know what you mean by watching whatever Gerard is in as he's a really good actor and it doesn't hurt that he's easy on the eyes. I'm anxious to watch this one as I've seen it preview and thought it looked good. Thanks for the review. Have a great day.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Michelle - I give Gerry all the opening day box office love I can give! But if I'm gone on my writers' retreat, I give him the Monday after opening box office love.

Annette Gallant said...

I didn't know you liked Gerard Butler! (LOL kidding!)

Sounds like a good movie. And is it me, or is GB in a lot of movies lately?

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Annette - I know. It comes as a shock to most people when they learn of my Gerry obsession. And you are definitely not imagining things - he had The Ugly Truth, Gamer and now Law Abiding Citizen come out since the summer. Nearly-Monthly-Gerry...I could get used to that.