Monday, April 23, 2007

Meandering My Way Back To Health

Didn't go into work today, as my agenda was taken up entirely with drifting in and out of sleep on the couch. But it seems to be working. I'm confident I'll be on the bus tomorrow, heading into work to scan, scan, scan.

We had the first sunny, warm weekend of spring, and I was down for the count. My poor dog kept checking the calendar, certain it was the weekend and time for her leisurely daytime walks in the wooded paths near our house. I had to keep letting her smell my breath, for as funny as that sounds she knows I'm sick by different smells she picks up from my breath. She even knows when I'm having a migraine by putting her nose right up to mine and concentrating carefully. Even funnier than that, when she knows I'm in pain she comes up to check the state of my breath, then doesn't settle down until I've taken my painkillers.

So Nurse Xena was on duty this weekend, staying glued to my side except for several lounging stays on the carpet pointed towards the door and the walks we weren't taking. Luckily my husband was able to get me things to eat and settled in to watch about five episodes of season 5 of "Xena Warrior Princess". Yes, our canine warrior was named after her. Nothing like the sight of Ares, God of War to cheer up a gal!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, Julia!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Thanks Christine (and Annie Mac and Kelly), I'm at least back to work. Here in body if not in spirit...shhh...don't tell anybody that my brain is on hold today...

Dara Edmondson said...

Glad you're feeling better - I'm sure Xena is too!

La Espia T. said...

Welcome back to the world of the living! I've even made a reappearance in it!