Friday, April 26, 2013

A to Z Blog Challenge - W - 5 on Friday Set 168



On this final Friday of the A to Z Blog Challenge we return again to the musical feature, 5 on Friday.



Travis at Trav's Thoughts invites everyone to lay down a short set of music that takes their fancies for his 5 on Friday meme.


On Day 23 of the A to Z Blog Challenge

W

is for

Xena, Warrior Princess


This warrior has a special spot on my list of all-time favorite characters. Battle on, Xena.


1 - Main Title Theme  - composed by Joseph LoDuca





2 - Melt Into Me - performed by the late Kevin Smith as Ares

This song is from a musical episode called The Bitter Suite. Kevin Smith's Ares is a particular favorite of mine, and when he began dancing in this segment, I nearly lost my mind (in a good way!) 





3 - Joxer the Mighty - performed by Ted Raimi, who played Joxer the comic relief / loyal friend / unrequited love interest of Xena's best friend Gabrielle

This theme appears from time to time throughout the series. In this version, it's used as part of the narrative in The Bitter Suite. 






4 -California Sun - The Rivieras

This is a fan vid featuring Aphrodite, the goddess of love played by Alexandra Tydings. Aphrodite was about as far away from the warrior princess as you could get, yet somehow I fell for her charms like any other mere mortal.





5 - Bad Romance - Lady Gaga

Xena's complicated relationship with Ares was my favorite part of this series. If I create a fictional relationship with this much heat / longing / fear / rage / control / surrender, I'll be a very happy woman.



5 comments:

Mike Golch said...

Interesting set this week,I did an interesting one as well. I went with all cleveland ohio area artists.

Unknown said...

this movie sound like very interesting.

book publicity

Travis Cody said...

I never intentionally sought out either the Xena or Hercules series, but I usually stopped to watch when I came upon them while channel surfing. They were good fun.

rain bow said...

This article is mind blowing I read it and enjoyed. I always find this type of article to learn and gather knowledge.


home restoration monterey

Unknown said...

This article is mind blowing. When I read this article, I enjoyed.
Managed IT Services