Saturday, April 27, 2013

A to Z Blog Challenge - X




Welcome to Day 24 of the  A to Z Blog Challenge. Today:


X

is for

Xena


As you may have noticed from my musical set yesterday, where W was for Xena, Warrior Princess, Xena is one of my favorite fictional characters.

My husband and I named our late dog after Xena. She was our warrior princess, all right.

We were blessed to have her for our dog, and in the year since she's been gone, it's been a gradual healing process for all of us--my husband, my mom and me. We all live together. We were all Xena's pack. She was a cherished member of our family.

It's taken awhile, but we're all starting to feel drawn toward getting another dog. I'm certain that by the time we ring in 2014, there will be a new member of our family to help us do that, and we'll once again be members of a pack.

Here's to Xena, with love.











 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

It's so hard when you lose a loved one, and pets are just like members of the family. The saying 'time heals all wounds' is one I've always found ridiculous, but it at least lessens the pain.

Have fun with the last few letters of a-z. :)