Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Through the Opera Glasses - 3 - My Top Ten Female Film Characters From The Past Ten Years


My fellow missmakeamovie blogger, Ramona Barckert just posted a challenge to name our favorite female film characters from the past ten years.

This is a response to a Top 100 Movie Characters list she found at Empire Magazine online. There were only 12 women on the entire list.


My favorite character is actually The Bride (Uma Thurman) - Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2, 2003/2004. But she was already named on Empire's list. She placed at #66.

Here is my response to Empire's list.


1 - Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) - Lord of the Rings, 2001



2 - Fox (Angelina Jolie) - Wanted, 2008



3 - Gail (Rosario Dawson) - Sin City, 2005













4 - Svetlana (Mariya Poroshina) - Night Watch and Day Watch, 2004















5 - Georgina Woodhouse (Helen Mirren) - Greenfingers, 2000


6 - Alice (Natalie Portman) - Closer, 2004





7 - Sabine (Nicole Kidman) - Moulin Rouge, 2001






8 - Griet (Scarlett Johansson) - Girl With a Pearl Earring, 2003













9 - Tracy Flick (Reese Witherspoon) - Election, 1999













10 - Bridget Jones (Renee Zellweger) - Bridget Jones' Diary, 2001

7 comments:

Thomma Lyn said...

That's a great list of female characters! I'm particularly fond of Galadriel and The Bride.

Unknown said...

Another Quentin Tarantino fan! Uma's Bride is my favorite character, too! I also liked Zoe Bell playing herself in Death Proof (Grindhouse).

Amy Ruttan said...

I'm so behind movies because of offspring. I've only seen Lord of the Rings and Bridget Jones, but all those others make my list to see.

Dorte H said...

Like Amy, I have only seen Lord of the Rings and Bridget Jones. I cannot blame my children any more, it is just that when I think film or book, I usually pick the book.

Great post, though!

Kim Smith said...

Good choices for your list. I agree with Cait for number one! I think maybe Sabine would be my number two but that is cuz I loved the movie MR and the soundtrack too.

Nice blog ya got here!

Unknown said...

Would you believe I've seen only one of those movies?

Unknown said...

Love Tracy Flick and Helen Mirren in Greenfields, also!