Saturday, August 1, 2009

Summer Stock Sunday - 10











Last weekend my mom and I attended a bridal shower. A lovely summery celebration before the main event next Saturday. My sister would have joined us, but she was at another shower that she was partially hosting - a baby shower for her boyfriend's daughter. It never showers, but pours.














This is Tasha, the bride-to-be.

Her grandmother is my step mom, Doris. I guess that makes Tasha my step niece.














My mom enjoyed the bubbles set out at each place.














We had fun making naughty Do Not Disturb signs for their honeymoon...














All was hilarity until her sister and maid of honor began reading letters that her friends and family had written out for her.

Kleenex time.














Especially when her two missing step grandfathers were mentioned - including my dad. Both have passed on, but were very present in the room with us all afternoon.














Onward with the saucy fun!














It's fun to celebrate brides. Women sure have a lot of laughs when they get together for a wedding shower, let me tell you!

L to R: My mom Paulette, my step mom Doris, bride-to-be Tasha and me

For more Summer Stock Sunday, visit Robin at Around the Island.

EllieVellie says I can't wait to see her all dressed up! Please share with us!

Dina says Have a happy wedding. Shalom from Jerusalem.

Leora says She looks so happy - she radiates!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bride is gorgeous - I can't wait to see her all dressed up! Please share with us! It is great how you spent time together supporting the girl - must be a tough time - organizing!

Dina said...

Looks like fun.
Have a happy wedding.

Shalom from Jerusalem.

kayerj said...

bridal showers are a ton of fun!

Leora said...

She looks so happy - she radiates!

Bim said...

A lovely bride!

poefusion said...

Good Morning Julia~ Congrats to the bride to be. I'm sure she can't wait to start her new life. Many well wishes to her. Have a great day.

Dorte H said...

It really looks fun. I only know the custom from the tv-series Friends. We don´t do anything like that in Denmark, but have our own customs, of course.

Joyce said...

Fun day and I know she will enjoy your cute photos for family memories:)
Joyce

Akelamalu said...

What a lovely day for her to remember. :)

Louise said...

Seems like you had a wonderful bridal shower :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun, sending happiness to the bride and groom...

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Looks like fun was had by all. The bride is glowing, as others have already said. Congratulations to the bride and groom!

Robin said...

She really is glowing, how wonderful. They don't do bridal showers (or any other kind of shower) in Israel, I haven't been to one in decades.

MsSnarkyPants said...

That looks like so much fun!